This saved me during my Whole 30. It is filling and delicious. I’ve barely touched the original recipe from The Real Food Dietitian because it was so good. I’ve just simplified it where I could, mostly because I have a limited spice variety and don’t love rosemary.
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef if you prefer)
- 2 medium carrots, peels and chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- chili powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 3 sweet potatoes (I like a thicker layer and if it’s too much, leftovers!)
- I tend to do my veggie chopping and sweet potato making the night before, or at least before starting on the rest.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Brown ground turkey in some olive oil and then add chopped carrots, onions, peppers and garlic. Cook until carrots are soft (~10 minutes) and then stir in tomato paste, some chili powder and some salt. Transfer to a pie dish.
- Remove your sweet potato skins and mash up in a bowl with a little salt. Then spread over the filling evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes