I saw so many posts about golden milk, I had to give it a go. Especially because I’ve had a bag of turmeric powder that has been mostly untouched since its purchase. I checked out a few recipes and wanted to try one that sounded tasty without added sweetener to keep it in Whole30. I honestly didn’t know what to expect, and had a low bar. While the flavor was different, it was pretty tasty and creamy and filling. And turmeric is supposed to be great for your digestion, so feeling good about how I started this morning.
Note, this makes 1 serving (1 8oz cup) – so multiply by how many people will be having some.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup almond milk (whole30 compliant)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- few cranks of black pepper
- In a small pot, heat your almond milk over a low heat
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and mix well
- Once it heats well and sits for a bit, pour into your mug, froth with a milk frother (will froth it and ensure it’s mixed well)
If I do this again, I might do a dash of cinnamon on top to further the flavor and add a little decor.