Now that my Whole 30 is officially over but I’m mostly sticking with it, I’m ready to try all those delicious swypo recipes – like this take on pancakes. These tasted so very good, and not just because I haven’t eaten carbs in a month.
What you’ll need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes, blended into a flour
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- Coconut oil
- Toppings! I topped mine with crunchy almond butter and some coconut flakes. James topped his with natural Maine syrup (not Whole 30).
- Blend coconut flakes into a flour/meal texture
- Mash banana in a mixing bowl with a fork and combine with eggs
- Add almond meal and coconut flakes – mix well
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan
- Scoop batter into pan to make small pancakes, giving it about 30-60 seconds on each side (or until it’s golden brown)
- Top as you see fit
I ate these with Aidell’s apple chicken sausage minis and roasted red pepper deviled eggs.