As I mentioned in a previous post, James and I have been wanting to try making deviled eggs for awhile now – the impulse buy of sun-dried tomatoes inspired trying a sun-dried tomato deviled egg, which came out pretty damn tasty.
What you’ll need:
- 6 large eggs (makes 12 servings)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp homemade mayo
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Few shakes of salt
- Bring water to a boil and boil eggs for ~10-12 minutes
- Run cold water over the eggs and peel them.
- Cut the eggs in half, long-ways, and remove the yolks. Yolks can go in food processor and whites should go on a plate in the fridge.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the food processor, along with the mayo, paprika, oregano and a few salt shakes – blend until it’s as smooth as you think it will get. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Scoop the mixture into a small ziploc bag towards one of the bottom corners. If runny, place in fridge to cool/thicken. Mine was pretty thick, so this wasn’t needed.
- Snip the tip of the corner of the ziploc, and use it like a pastry bag, filling the egg whites with the mixture
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika and oregano (from a foot or two above so it lightly/evenly distributes)
Any other deviled egg variations that we should try? We’re thinking bacon.