Cosi will forever make my favorite sun-dried tomato spread as a topping their TBM melts. After seeing sun-dried tomatoes at our local grocery store, I had the idea to combine them with the dairy-free ricotta to make a flavorful spread. The idea was a success – so, so tasty and versatile. Could be a topping to a cracker, a spread on bread, a layer in a lasagna (may try that this week) or, as I used it, a fill for roasted zucchini boats. Zucchini boats with this spread felt somewhat in the spirit of the Super Bowl in that they’re easy to eat and could easily be finger food.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2-3/4 cup water (start with 1/2 and add a little more water if it’s too thick when you’re blending)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped (I kinda packed them into the cup)
- 1/2 tsp oregano (or more, to taste)
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend! This definitely involved several rounds of blend, push ingredients down, blend, push ingredients down. Get it to a texture you like – it will be a little choppier than the ricotta.