I’ve been on a tomatillo kick lately and couldn’t wait to make a hearty tomatillo salsa for Super Bowl 51. I built off a recipe from Food Network and was really happy with how it came out. This is good as a salsa, but could also top eggs or chicken.
What you’ll need:
- 6 medium tomatillos, husked and roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, stem removed, de-seeded, and chopped
- 5-10 sprigs of cilantro, stems removed and roughly chopped (I like cilantro, so I was more generous)
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Salt, to taste
- Place tomatillos, jalapeño, cilantro, and 1/4 cup water in a blender and pulse into a chunky but blended texture.
- Place in a bowl (or tupperware) and add onion and cubed avocado
- Give it a taste, salt as you see fit, and garnish with a sprig of cilantro (if you’re going for style points)