I’ve eaten more Asian-inspired food on the Whole 30 than I ever do in my normal eating habits. This one is an “egg roll in a bowl” which seems to be a common recipe done by a lot of food bloggers with their own twists. I based mine off of one from @Ketogasm.
What you’ll need:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2-3 small handfuls of white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I use a garlic press)
- 1/2-1 tsp ground ginger (depends how much you like ginger)
- 1 box of coleslaw mix (pre-shredded red cabbage, green cabbage, carrot)
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: scallions, sesame seeds
- Cook ground chicken in some coconut oil over medium heat
- Once it’s done/almost done, add sesame oil and your onion and mix
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, pressed garlic and ground ginger, then add it to the pan
- Add in the coleslaw mix and stir. Add the chicken broth (I used bone broth), mix, and cover – should be ready to go in ~3 minutes
- Taste – if you want salt, go for it (don’t think it needs it) – and garnish with scallions for some additional color and flavor. If you have sesame seeds, those look pretty too.
The original recipe used ground pork. Next time I do this, I’ll give that one a-go.