It’s rare that James makes a special request, but this week he asked for a ranch dressing and baby carrots. While he later said that was just a random thought, he still got it! This is my first Whole 30 dressing/dip venture, and it came out pretty tasty. Makes you wonder why they put all that other bad stuff in it in the first place.
I followed the directions from the Whole 30 website pretty closely – the hardest part was waiting for the egg to get to room temperature. Easy to do in my Blendtec Twister Jar.
What you’ll need:
- 1 room temperature egg
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Few cranks of sea salt (can always add more)
- Few cranks of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of fresh dill (I was a little generous with this)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp full fat canned coconut milk
- Put everything in the blender except the coconut milk and olive oil. Pulse a few times to get the party started.
- Put the blender on low speed and slowly pour the olive oil in through the top hole – careful, it may splatter!
- Once the oil is in there, add the coconut milk and pulse a few more times.
- Taste, adjust flavor with more or less seasoning or herbs, and call it a day.
Enjoy with some fresh veggies or on top of a chopped salad.