This isn’t much of a recipe, but having pulled chicken on hand is a great way to make a quick lunch or dinner. I want to make sure it’s noted here on the blog, because I make it all the damn time.
What you’ll need:
- As much chicken breasts as you’d like or fit in your slow cooker
- Chicken broth, enough to submerge the chicken breasts
- Put the chicken in the slow cooker
- Pour chicken broth over the chicken so it’s submerged
- Set the slow cooker to cook on low (6-10 hours is my preference, but not sure it matters that much)
- Remove chicken, and shred it with two forks
I’ve used this pulled chicken in some my favorite recipes (chicken salad, chopped salads, almond sesame noodles, BBQ chicken and more). It’s very neutral, so you can add different sauces to make it have flavor (you’ll be disappointed if your thinking this will taste miraculous on its own).