Easy. Fast. Protein.
Picked this up from my OG roomie Michelle, and have been making them since.
What you’ll need:
- Ground turkey meat
- BBQ sauce of your choosing (Tessamae’s for Whole30)
- Bell pepper, chopped (whatever color)
- Red or yellow onion, chopped, or if going easiest route, just used minced onion or onion powder
- Soften onions (if using) and peppers in a pan, 2-3 minutes, then throw into bowl with ground turkey and some BBQ sauce. I don’t measure, whatever proportion looks like it will give it some flavor without making it a wet mess.
- Throw some oil onto the pan and warm up. Form mush into round, small-ish burger patties and throw onto pan. Cook on one side, then the other, making sure it’s cooked all the way through.
I skip the bun and just eat them straight, pictured here with some broccoli and a mini side salad.